Wednesday 13 April 2011

Make-Up Starter Kit (Drugstore)

Afternoon petals!
Here are a few items I have tried and would recommend if you are just starting out with make-up or just want to expand your collection further! All are available at the drugstore but I will also do a MAC starter kit post as I know there are many MAC junkies out there aswell! These are just the basics that I consider essential:




Foundation
 
Revlon Colourstay Foundation is my absolute fave and 'holy-grail' drugstore foundation. It stays on all day and gives flawless coverage. I have had so many complements on my skin in the past when wearing this! It comes in 9 shades and two formulations: Normal/Dry Skin and Combination/Oily Skin which I think is great.

RRP: Between £11 and £13










Concealer
L'Oréal Paris True Match Touche Magique Concealer is perfect for dark circles and discolouration around the nose area or anywhere else you may have it! It never fails to brighten up my eye area and if I am in a rush and skip this step I always feel self-conscious.

RRP: Around £7-£8












Powder
L'Oréal Paris True Match Powder is my drugstore powder of choice and I think it works really nicely with the two products mentioned above. I am careful not to apply too much as it can sometimes feel a little cakey but I think that's just a preference thing.

RRP: Around £8






Mascara
I have been in love with Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara for a couple of years now and I haven't really used a different one since! It perfectly thickens, volumises, lengthens and defines without being clumpy or sticky - everything you could want from a mascara I'd say!

RRP: £10-£11









Eyeshadows
I'm sure you've seen the Sleek palettes floating around the YouTube and blogging world for a while now and that's for a good reason! I think the Storm palette is perfect for everyday use as it has a lovely mix of neutral colours. Great colour pay-off, long lasting and great value!

RRP: Around £6.50






Pencil Eyeliner
If you are still learning it may be easier for you to stick with pencil liner as it's a little easier to control and apply. I have been using Rimmel eyeliner since I was about 14 and it's never failed me! You could purchase black or brown depending on your colouring and preference.





Lipstick and/or gloss
Depending on your age, you may want to skip the the lipstick and just go for the gloss. However, if you do feel ready for lipstick there are so many lovely ones out there in the drugstores. I especially love the Revlon Super Lustrous and all Rimmel ones! As for gloss the Revlon Super Lustrous glosses are lovely and come in a wide variety of shades. Peach Petal and Coral Reef are my faves!

RRP: Around £7

I hope this gave you a bit of an insight into what products I enjoy and what I think may work for new make-up lovers! Remember, everyone has different preferences and different things work for different people - these products are just what I personally enjoy!

Thanks for reading! Have a lovely day!

All images from http://www.boots.com and http://www.superdrug.com. No affiliation with any products or companies mentioned!

No comments:

Post a Comment