Tuesday 15 May 2012

Rimmel Wake Me Up vs Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation


























Hey girlies! Hope you're all doing well! Today I bring you my thoughts on two of the newest drugstore foundations on the market. There's been a lot of hype surrounding both of these products online so you may well have already read several reviews on each but as we are all different and different things work for all of us I thought I'd give you my input. :)

How they are marketed: Wake Me Up is advertised as an having an 'anti-fatigue effect and radiant glow' - two claims that I would definitely say are true. 123 Perfect is said to contain 3 colour correcting pigments - yellow to hide dark circles, purple to correct a dull complexion and green to conceal redness.

Coverage: I would say both of these are medium coverage but can be built up to medium-full.

Finish: 123 Perfect has a matte finish whereas Wake Me Up is much more dewy. Wake Me Up definitely needed to be set with a powder on my skin whereas 123 Perfect didn't. I preferred the finish that Wake Me Up gives as I have never really liked the matte finish and I felt like Wake Me Up made me look fresher and more (excuse the pun) 'awake' than 123 Perfect did. It definitely does what it says on the tin!!

Application: I applied both of these with the amazing Real Techniques Buffing Brush which everyone is raving about at the moment. Seriously, if you haven't got this already I would HIGHLY recommend it!! However, 123 Perfect has a more watery consistency than Wake Me Up so was a little harder to apply with this brush and needed more product.

Price: Wake Me Up on the Boots website: £8.99 for 30ml. 123 Perfect on Boots website: £10.99 for 30ml although it's on introductory offer at the mo for £6.99!

Staying Power: Both have quite average staying power. Nothing compared to Revlon Colourstay or Rimmel Lasting Finish 25hr - two of my faves, but still relatively good. I'd say they both lasted about 10-12 hours but Wake Me Up stayed looker fresher for longer.

Overall: Without a doubt my favourite out of the two is the Rimmel Wake Me Up. Not only does it cost less, it leaves a much nice finish on my skin, is easier to apply and stays looking nicer for longer. However, take note that I have normal/dry skin. I do think that Wake Me Up wouldn't work on oily skin because it does have such a dewy finish. For that reason I think 123 Perfect would be better for people with oily skin but not great on people with dry skin because it's so matte! One negative of the Wake Me Up I would say though is that it did give me bad flashback in pictures because it has SPF15, a problem I didn't experience with 123 Perfect.

Wake Me Up available here. 123 Perfect available here.

I hope this was helpful to some of you! What are your favourite foundations at the moment?
xxx

8 comments:

  1. I would love to try Rimmel foundation, as I love dewy finishes. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review
    <3
    Caroline

    www.girlygirlvsworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to try both of these but have not yet seen them in Canada :( hopefully soon ! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review! They both sound pretty decent! I am going to read your other foundation reviews, the two favourite ones =) I have a close friend that recently has been asking me to help her find a new foundation and I've been useless because I don't wear any, I am going to send her your link!!!
    xx



    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've heard lots of good things about Wake Me Up - shame it doesn't sound like it will suit my skin type though.
    Thanks for popping over to my blog :)

    Jenni

    bowsbanglesandbakes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great, thanks for sharing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your lovely comments girls! xx

    ReplyDelete