Friday 1 June 2012

Current Night time Skincare Routine!



Hello beauties! Happy Friday! Today I bring you my night time skincare routine of the moment! I have been known to be extremely lazy in the past with my skincare. Because I have been blessed with good skin (rarely get spots, not too oily nor too dry, reasonably even skintone etc) it is easy for me to forget to take care of my skin! I have often just used one face wipe to take my make up off at night and another to cleanse, forgetting all about the toning and moisturising steps! I know, I know, naughty me!

Anyway, I've recently begun to get my act together a bit more and have definitely noticed a marked improvement in the radiance of my skin. These are the products I have been using and enjoying lately.







First, I remove the the majority of my eye make up with this oh-so-cheap Boots Cucumber eye make up remover gel and cotton wool pads. It's an absolute steal at around £1.40 for 150ml and definitely does the trick but isn't the nicest eye make up remover I've ever used. But hey oh, you get what you pay for and no doubt about it this is good value for money!

Next step I take a generous amount of the retro favourite Pond's Cold Cream and apply it all over my face, including my eyes, eyebrows and lips with my fingers. I rub it around my face but not in like a moisturiser and then take several more cotton wool pads to remove the excess. I repeat this step a couple of times to ensure all my eye and face make up has been removed. This product is oily so I wouldn't recommend it for extremely oily skin types but my normal skin really enjoys it! And it's another bargainous one at about £4.50 for 50ml.

The final step is toning. I use Vichy's Purete Thermale Refreshing Toner for Normal to combination, sensitive skin. Phew what a mouthful! This one is a bit more expensive at £11 for 200ml but it feels so lovely and refreshing on the skin and I have noticed a difference. Again, I apply a generous amount of this to a cotton wool pad and wipe it all over my face and neck.

I don't follow with an additional moisturiser because the Pond's Cold Cream is sooo moisturising and I still feel moisturised even after I have used the toner so I just don't feel my skin needs it. However, if you do have really dry skin I would recommend this extra step!    

Thank you for reading! What skincare products are you loving at the moment? Please share! xxx

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I need a good moisturizer. My skin gets so dry. Maybe ill need to get me some Ponds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also suffer from dry skin, I'll definitely look into the Ponds!
    Great post & blog! I love your milkshake header - too cute ;D
    coppercloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, I also get really dry skin at times so may try the Ponds-may be we should all invest in shares ;)

    Tanesha x
    tanesha-marie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! of course, i'm now following you too! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The vichy toner sounds pretty good. Don't know if i'd be too fond of the cucumber smell from the boots eye make up remover hah.x

    ReplyDelete