Tuesday 18 June 2013

Empties No.1


Hello ladies! I hope you're all having a lovely week! Mine has been filled with application forms, telephone interviews and cover letter writing...oh the fun! Anyway, much more interestingly, here is a little bit about a few of the products I've used up recently! 

Creme of Nature Argan Oil Sulfate-Free Moisture & Shine Shampoo
I had really high hopes for this shampoo what with it containing that wonder product, Argan Oil, AND being sulfate-free! I couldn't really imagine anything better! However... although it made my hair feel nice enough, I had to work really hard at washing it out otherwise I'd be left with a greasy feeling at my roots. Not very attractive! Also it did make my hair a little flat and lifeless. I think for those of you with seriously dry hair it may work nicely at injecting some moisture, however I don't really think I'll be repurchasing this in a hurry. It turned out to be a bit of a 'blah' product for me.

John Frieda Luxurious Volume Thickening Blow Dry Lotion 
This product is a different story, I really like it! Providing I don't spray it directly into my roots, it gives me a nice amount of volume while still leaving my hair feeling soft. It also has a heat defence in there so it's two products in one which I love as I always worry my hair will fall flat if I pile on too many products! A good all rounder and really reasonably priced too! (About £6 from Boots, Superdrug and supermarkets).

Garnier Skin Perfecting Ultimate Beauty Oil
With summer officially in full swing now (not that you'd notice it if you live in the UK like me!) I've paid a lot more attention to moisturising my body in preparation for baring more skin! So this oil immediately attracted me with it's promise of being 'skin perfecting'! Especially as I'm really self conscious of the skin on my legs being blotchy and mottled. This oil smells gorgeous (think sun cream and cocktails), and definitely did a good job of keeping me moisturised all day long. It gave my skin a nice sheen without being sticky or oily (providing you don't apply too much) and left me feeling smooth and lovely! I haven't noticed a notable difference to the condition of my skin long-term but I do think with further use it could definitely go some way of 'perfecting' my blotchy leg skin! Again not badly priced either - no more than £10 from Boots or Superdrug.

Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo
I don't think I really need to write anything on this one as most of you will already know I flipping love the stuff! I've got two blog posts on here talking about it, one of which is a full review so take a look if you want to know more!

Boots Botanics Age Defying Face Serum
The Boots Botanics range has been a favourite of mine for a while now. I like natural products in general but especially the ones I put on my face so this range is a hit for me. I must say, when talking solely about this face serum I haven't really noticed a remarkable different in the state of my skin and being only 22 years young I can't really vouch for it's 'age defying' properties but it is a nice product to include in your face regime. Just nice, not incredible.

Clinique All About Eyes Eye Cream
Again with this product I haven't really noticed that it's made any sort of difference to the skin around my eyes. I'm not sure if I just don't really know what to look for when using eye creams because I'm pretty knew to them, but I don't think I'd purchase this one again over a more affordable brand.

Naked Rescue Intensive Care Conditioner
It's no secret on this blog that I really enjoy the Naked shampoos and conditioners. I think one of the first posts I ever did was a review on the stuff! This conditioner is no different to the excellence I expect from Naked. Smells beaut, leaves my hair feeling and looking healthy and shiny, doesn't weigh it down AND it's 97% natural so none of those horrible parabens and sulfates! This is around £6 from drugstores and will definitely be repurchased! Highly recommended!

That's all for now beauties! I'd love to hear your thoughts on any of the products above, or any recommendations you might have for me!

2 comments:

  1. really great products ...especially lush one ^^
    love lush brand
    xoxo

    ★ Vendy ★
    NEW POST!!!
    follow me on:
    The simple life of rich people BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  2. i need to try the lush one too. Useful review.

    Follow me on Facebook , Instagram & since GFC is closing, Follow me on Bloglovin

    The Chic and Cheap Blog


    Dont forget to like my Facebook page too!

    ReplyDelete